{Instagram}

17 May 2012

I Love My City - Trip to Carlisle Castle


I had lunch with my friend Ailsa this weekend, and she suggested a trip to Carlisle Castle. Yeah, I thought! I have lived in Carlisle most of my life, yet probably only been to our amazing Castle a handful of times, and it must have been years since the last time I went! Ailsa and I commented how bad it is that you never do the touristy things in your own home town.  But having seen the Castle again it makes me have a new appreciation of how fantastic our city of Carlisle really is!

It was great to go with Ailsa becuase she loves castles as much as me!


I got a bit carried away taking pictures, but look how pretty it is.  We were very lucky to find a day when it was not raining! It literally rained everyday last week, grr!




Look carefully at the bottom right hand pic, I snapped a ghost! freaky! (hehe)

3 comments:

  1. I am very ashamed to say that i have never been to the Castle… :-S And its such a beautiful building too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I highly reccomend it! But I am a bit of a castle/history geek so perhaps biased! haha. It's nice to go on a sunny day (should we ever get one) lots of nice lawns to have picnics and hang out. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pics, great record of a fab day out!!

    I shall be sure to tell the girls at work tomorrow that we have a new resident ghost on film..... An Oakley wearing one :-) we need to do more of these trips..... Also got Lanercost and Brougham castle fairly close by too!! And one day I will get you to my Roman sites! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...