{Instagram}

21 June 2012

Hero - Courtney Love


When I was in my teens Courtney Love was the coolest thing ever!  This was the 90's grunge era and I stomped about in DM boots, died my hair every colour under the sun and got called 'greeb' by the scally kids at school who so 'didn't get me!' haha. Ok so I probably haven't grown up much since then, it wasn't just a phase mum, I still love the same heavy music and really wish I wasn't too old to die my hair blue!

All I ever wanted to do was read articles in Melody Maker and the NME (remember the big newspaper ones!) about Kurt and Courtney and listen to Hole in my room over and over again.


Yeah ok, so she has had 'messy' phases but she remains one of my heroes to this day. When you read anything she has written or watch her being interviewed she is very intelligent and articulate underneath all the weird rantings!  She was a massive style icon back in the 90's, and a huge musical influence on girl fronted rock bands. She does what she wants, dresses how she wants, screams rather than sings, and doesn't give a f**k what anybody thinks! But really I love her because she is just such a rock star! She is the original female rock star (well of my generation anyway) and female rock musicians, who are as well respected as Courtney, unfortunately are few and far between.


























If you would like to find out more...

Her official biography - Courtney Love: The Real Story, by Poppy Z Brite
Her diaries: Dirty Blonde: The Diaries of Courtney Love
IMDB Page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001482/

Also check out her band Hole, the best album is Live Through This, also check out Pretty on the Inside and My Body the Hand Grenade. She has brought out albums since these, but these are the classics!

All pics are from http://www.courtney-love.org/ where the original credit sources can be found. (Sorry about the quality, but it is a fan site and the pics have just been scanned in).

2 comments:

  1. She is an inspiration. People tend to look only not he downside of every artist, but she has made some pretty good music I think(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! It's quite difficult to seperate her music from her life and the things posted about her, it is all kind of wrapped up in her rock star status! yeah she is more famous for being married to Kurt Cobain and the crazy things she has done but Hole were amazing!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...