{Instagram}

7 June 2012

Jubilee Crazy!


I admit it, I'm a HUGE royalist! I don't care if that's uncool or whatever, I just am.  So of course this weekend was the Diamond Jubilee and I had to do something!  I collected together the little party items above over the past week or so and then on Tuesday evening I had a little party.


Any excuse for baking huh! So I made crown shaped cookies (HOW amazing!) and red white and blue cupcakes, with red white and blue sprinkles and limited edition red white and blue M&M's!


I did my nails, of course! Yep, you guessed it, red white and blue! I attempted to paint little union jacks on them but they looked a bit crap so I went for dots.


And..... I made bunting!!! I left it too late to purchase some and the shops had all run out! Run out of bunting, the shock, the horror!  So I made some with lots of scraps from my material stash.  And they are meant to be raggy, I'm not that crap at sewing! They are imperfectly perfect bunting, hehe.  I purposefully made them un red white and blue so I could keep them up all year round, they do look fab across the roof beams in my little loft living room, if I do say so myself.

Did you do anything to celebrate the Jubilee?  leave me a link if you have any photos, I would love to see them. x

7 comments:

  1. Love all your jubilee makes. The cakes look especially yum. I was working over the weekend so didn't get to celebrate, so I am really enjoying catching up on everyone's creative jubilee posts. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that sucks you were working! You could have a late jubilee celebration, all the union jack stuff in the shops will be super cheap now! haha.

      Delete
  2. Aw i love the bunting!! I have just snaffled some from our window at work and i have just put it up in the flat…hoping the mr wont notice and that he'll let me keep it up too :-S eek. Your baking looks lovely, must have taken aaages!!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh do you mean the crown shaped bunting? I saw that, and thought it was lovely. People do seem to have gone a little bunting crazy of late, but it's so pretty. I'm thinking all my rooms need bunting now...!

      Delete
  3. Everything looks so perfect! I love the cookies and cupcakes(:! And your nails are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex

    Thank you so much for reading my blog and your very kind comments. I just checked out your lovely blog too, it's great.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...