{Instagram}

11 June 2012

Outdoor Adventures - Grinsdale Bike Ride


Recently, when it was still sunny, we went for a lovely all day bike ride.  We didn't really have a destination and got a bit lost ish, but it was so much fun.  We discovered so many new lovely places.  The best place by far was the little village of Grinsdale and the teeny church tucked down a little grassy hidden lane.


I love an old overgrown churchyard, I think they are so pretty.  But the best thing about this one was the most amazing beech tree.  It is HUGE! it had so many knotty branches I could not stop staring at it.  To think how old it must be, wow! I snapped so many photos of it, these really do not do it justice in the slightest.  I am a bit obsessed with trees and love discovering new amazing ones.

4 comments:

  1. I love the photos, so pretty! And i know what you mean about trees, there is something magical about them…did you ever read The Magic Faraway Tree?!? I always wish i could get my picture taken up a really pretty tree in a really pretty dress…..cant quite get the Mr to agree to that tho….im working on him!!! Have a lovely week miss xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am quite pleased with how the pics came out, I just wish there was some way to capture the awesomeness of the tree. I did read that book when I was little too, perhaps that's where the fascination started??? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics ;D

    I'll have to dig my old ones out Jo, because I have that top right pic too, most definitely!

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I like the little details on the gravestones, this was the prettiest. Yeah def dig them out, but no comparing, that's not fair! haha. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...