{Instagram}

30 July 2012

Crochet iPhone Case


I crocheted last week, the first actual finished crochet project I have done, so pleased with myself!

I was meant to be making granny squares for many blanket projects I'm working on, but I decided to do something a little different.  As you all know by now I got my new iPhone last week so I thought I would crochet it a little present (oh dear!)


I don't really know what I am talking about when it comes to crochet, but I will give it a bash.  It is super easy to make though!  At first I was confused as to how it joined together, but all quickly became clear.

Start with a chain of around 15 (I think) but just keep going until it is the width of your phone (you can of course make these for ipads, Kindles etc too.)  It is better to be shorter than the width than longer, because it will stretch remember, you don't want it baggy!

Then double crochet into the second stitch from hook.  This is where I get confused I think US say double (where you have 2 loops on hook) and UK we should say single?  But I learnt from US YouTube videos so I'm sticking with double!  So simply double crochet into each chain, go round the corner and double crochet into the back side of each chain.

Then simply keep going! It is just a continuous spiral! Super easy!  Just keep trying it on your phone until the desired length.  On the top row stop a few stitches from the middle and do a big long chain, like 20 or so, then loop it over and continue double crocheting, leaving those few middle stitches out, this forms your little loop at the top.

Finish off by tucking in your ends, just pull them through inside to hide them and sew on a button for the loop to hook onto.

This was such an easy, fun and quick project I started another one straight after in blue, for my sister...



I always use YouTube videos to learn new stitches, so I highly recommend going there to learn the stitches mentioned.  But these are super easy, a great first project for the new crocheter, if I can do it , anybody can!

Happy crocheting!

Thanks for popping by, I have LOADS more FREE crochet patterns on my other posts, you can see them all and subscribe via Bloglovin here 

4 comments:

  1. Hi I'm obsessed with crochet and am currently making collars, you could maybe trail the pattern for me :-) If you'd like any help with crochet just get in touch. Your first project looks amazing, well done.
    Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, thank you so much for your kind comment.
      Oooh I would love to trial a collar pattern, I would imagine it would be tricky, but I do like a challenge. I am loving crochet too, Im already getting obsessed with it. Email me at jothestrange@gmail.com if wanted to send me patterns, I will blog about them too. Jo x

      Delete
  2. These are so lovely! Well done.

    I find this chart very helpful for the differences between UK/US crochet terms: http://pinterest.com/pin/82261130664105690/

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire, that is super helpful! Just pinned it! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...