{Instagram}

29 August 2012

We went to a Festival!


Well this weekend, for the first time in many years, I went to a music festival! wuhu!   We went to Solfest in Cumbria and it was super fun, and er super muddy!  I thought I would bore you with some of our photos from the weekend...

We were really lucky with the weather on the first day, it was really warm and sunny for the most part, a little drizzle but we ignored that.  Looking back at these photos everything looks so sparkly and clean on the first day!

I made our tent super cosy, we could park right next to the tent so we just kept all our stuff in the car and filled the tent with loads of blankets, pillows and sleeping bags for extra cosiness.  Check out our essential festival supplies, surely all you need is cider, noodles and sweets?


It was so nice to be able to sit on the grass, chill with friends over some beers and listen to good bands on the first day, that's what festivals are all about.

Above shows the House of Joy reggae/ska tent and the Dance tent, also some pretty kites, the gecko kites were so cool.


The spork, the ONLY camping utensil you will ever need. (I always chuckle when I hear the word spork, sooo funny!)


So it rained allllll day on the 2nd day! This made the festival site a teeny bit (ok a LOT) muddy, there was no grass left, it wasn't pretty.  But we battled through, and I'm glad we did because Saturday night was the awesome Billy Bragg and then Sunday evening the even more awesome Duke Spirit, they were amazing!


The rain stopped a bit on the last day and the sun came out, we braved the muddy grass, sitting on our coats, boots not so shiny and clean anymore!

Have you been to any festivals this year... what were your fave parts?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fab time Jo! I'll try and check this festival out some time...there are so many good ones out there. Ha ha ha, love the word spork too! ;-)
    Jo x
    harryandleelee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...