{Instagram}

13 September 2012

Granny Square Update


Way back in May I blogged about my very first granny square. Since then I have made MANY MANY more! I didn't have a clue where I was going with my first square, and I just picked green and made a solid green square because, well er, I like green!

So I just kept going making green squares until I got bored and decided to be a bit more adventurous...

I figured out how to change colours and added some blue!

I then decided that I should probably figure out where I am going with these squares and what I want to make.  So I decided to be ambitious and make a blanket!  I went to my local haberdashery shop, the amazing Fun2Do (I could live in there!) and decided to pick some pretty colours, I had no colour plan at this point I thought I would just see what other colours they had in the same brand as my green.  I picked a bright yellow and a pink and a purple, I love really bright primary colours best.

Being the organised person I am I decided to put a plan in place so my blanket has some sort of pattern to it.  I laid the completed squares onto an existing favourite blanket and worked out how many squares I would need to make my desired size.  I then did some maths (eek!) and worked out that I needed 12 different squares and 8 of each to form my pattern.  I even worked out what the 12 different squares would look like and drew a grid of 12 x8, numbered the 8 different squares and worked out my pattern on the grid, so organised!

I am sticking to the same colours, but obviously I will do some more interesting ones and not just block coloured ones.  I am edging them all in green so that my blanket will have green joins and green edges.  I am soooo excited to finish it, but rather a long way to go yet...


Do you have any crochet projects on the go? Send me a link, would love to have a peak...

6 comments:

  1. Ooh love these colour combinations Jo! I don't have any crochet projects on the go purely because I haven't learnt to crochet...yet! :-) I do, however, have two knitting projects on the go - a jumper (in yummy burnt orange colour) and some socks (in pink). I'm going to share the progress on my blog soon! Will send you a link too.

    Looking forward to seeing your finished project in all its glory!
    Jo :-) x
    adventuresandteaparties.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thanks for the comment. Ooh I'm excited to see your knitting projects. You must be WAY better than me, I gave up on knitting, found it too hard. If you can knit a jumper you will find crochet super easy! Good luck with the projects x

      Delete
  2. Love green! I admire how you at least started out with no plan and just decided to see where it went because I have been working on being a little more relaxed and free with my creative projects recently - I'm always worried I'll mess something up! This looks like it's going to turn out beautifully. Darn it, everyone's crocheting and I really need to get on the bandwagon and join in! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks for your kind comment. You def need to start crocheting! It is super fun! I'm not to good about being relaxed and free with projects, I naturally want to plan and make lists, it's difficult to try and break out of that! haha. x

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see when its all finished, its coming together well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I will no doubt be blogging about the finished blanket, probably in about ten years time! haha! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...