{Instagram}

24 October 2012

An Exhibition of Beautiful Dresses

On Monday I blogged about my visit to Shambellie House and shared all the beautiful pictures I took of the building itself.  Well today I want to share what we saw inside the house... there was a special exhibition on of 40s/50s dresses, and gosh they were pretty!
 
 
The exhibition is called Off the Peg: Fashion from the 40s and 50s, and showcased the beautiful dresses from the Horrockses Fashions Limited label.  You can read all about it here.
 
The exhibition itself was small, it was in one main room and had a few more dresses in a further room, but I loved it.  The room was so bright, and arranged and lit perfectly to show off the dresses.
 
 
The day dresses were by far my favourite, I love the cut of 50s dresses, super flattering and the prints are just so pretty.  My very favourite can be seen on the far right of my second photo above, I would wear this everyday if it were mine.
 

The exhibition also showed some house coats, or dressing gowns, I cannot imagine being bothered to be that glamorous for lounging about the house and then also some beautiful evening gowns.
 
Rather a lot of photos in today's post, but if you love beautiful dresses as much as me I am sure you didn't mind looking at these!
 
Which one is your fave?
 

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, oooh, Ooooooh! These are gorgeous!!! Love them! Very hard to choose a favourite, so I'm going to cheat and choose two! ;-) The middle one in your second photo and the dress with the brown cardigan. I would totally wear those every day too! Lovely photos Jo!

    Jo :-) x
    adventuresandteaparties.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it is very difficult to find a fave, you are right. My friend loved the one with the brown cardy best too! Wish this was my wardrobe! x

      Delete
  2. Ooooh i want them aaaall!!! What beautiful fabrics and colours! Fab post Jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, they are stunning arn't they! x

      Delete
  3. *squeals of excitment* they are gorgeous! So hard to choose a fave, but think it has to be the black and white check one with the blue roses :-) looking at these stunning dresses is the highlight of my lunch hour, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment. Glad you enjoyed gazing at the pretty dresses, I certainly did. The blue flowers one is special isn't it, sigh...! x

      Delete
  4. Those dresses are fantastic! So much inspiration in it, would totally wear some today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment Jo (another one!) I have had a little peak over on your blog too, it's great, I love discovering new lovely blogs. x

      Delete
  5. wow what a wonderful exhibition. I love the top middle green one and the pink on with the bow on the back. This has inspired me to make a new vintage inspired dress, it was 40 degrees here this weekend, I think its time to get the machine out to survive this heat ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...