{Instagram}

5 October 2012

Crochet Baby Granny Square Blanket

I am sooo happy to FINALLY share this project I have been working on for what seems like a very long time!  This is a baby blanket project that myself and 3 good friends worked on for another friend's new baby boy arrival.  Of course I could not post any pics online until after the baby arrived, and he finally did, over 2 weeks late on my birthday! (lucky lucky kid, he picked the best day ever!).

This was an idea we had months ago, we wanted to give our good friend something really special for the birth of her first baby so we decided to make something.  I had just got into crochet however the others had never crocheted before, so I, the complete beginner, had to teach them!  But it went so well and they picked it up in no time.  We had so much fun having crochet and gossip evenings.


We set no rules for the blanket, we each had to do 6 squares of 6 rows and had the same 3 colours but aside from that we could do as we pleased.  It turned out we all had very different styles and no two squares were the same.  It made for an interesting blanket in the end, but we love it, it kind of reflects our personalities and it's certainly unique!

Well our Friend Fran and her new baby boy loved it, so we are very pleased.  Fran even posted a pic of baby Jude fast asleep snuggled up in it, aw!

16 comments:

  1. oh Jo its absolutely brill, i am sure Fran loves it, it is unique and specially made by her friends who all joined together to do it! variation on an American Quilt! perfect xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely wonderful! A very special blanket for life! Lovely!

    Jo :-) x
    adventuresandteaparties.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much Jo, it was really fun to make. x

      Delete
  3. turned out wonderful, you are a great friend to make this <3

    Brooke x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, great patterns and colours! How did you join your squares together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, thanks for your comment. We spent ages on Youtube looking for tutorials for the best method, but the one we liked best was just really simple, single crochet. Here is the video we followed. http://youtu.be/DUe7rGpHXhc

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I am not at this point yet as I'm taking my time with mine, but will be sure to share when it is done!

      Delete
  5. I love it!!! It is so so beautiful xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sally. x

      Delete
  6. Great project and a really nice idea, lucky boy!
    Thank you for following me...have a nice week end!

    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw this is such a lovely idea! I really wanna learn a craft, I bet finally finishing a project is the best feeling in the world! <3

    aisforayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment. Crochet is super easy to learn, I just learnt from YouTube videos, if I can do it anyone can. And you are right it is so nice to see a project come to life. x

      Delete
  8. Can you tell me where you found the pattern for the X granny square?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nianque, thanks so much for your comment. I'm afraid I cannot see another way to contact you, other than replying here, so I do hope you check back. I am afraid I didn't make the x square, one of my friends made that one, it was a collaborative effort. However looking at it, it seems straightforward. For each of the corner clusters you would just pick a different colour to use on each round. If you keep the two colours together and crochet over the tails, then it is easy to pick up the different colours as and when you need them instead of tying off each time! Hope that makes sense. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...