{Instagram}

28 January 2013

A Crochet Baby Blanket



I feel like I have been working on this blanket forever! But earlier this month my friend's new arrival was born so now that my creation is safely with its new owner, baby Madeline, I can finally share some pics.

The wool I chose was Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino.  It is a really soft wool, perfect for the job and there are some very vibrant colours.  I didn't want to make the blanket too pastel and babyish, so went for quite bright colours to make it a bit different.  The wool itself is quite expensive, but is certainly worth it for a special project and for a gift.


The blanket is just a simple granny square design, using 3 main colours and I decided upon a square shape of 4 by 4, with 4 different squares.

I joined the squares in the traditional way to get the nice ridge between each square, I like this detail on granny blankets.  I then added a pretty edge.  I started with a row all the way round in single crochet in the purple, then I added a row of bright green and then a scalloped edge again in the purple. I really like the pop of bright green I think it finishes it off well.

Here is a full view of the finished blanket right before I wrapped it up and posted it off to Maddy to keep snuggly and warm in these freezing temperatures.

Have you posted any pics of crochet or crafty projects recently?  Do send me links in the comments below, would love to see...

5 comments:

  1. It is beautiful - you've done a great job. I'm sure it's keeping baby Madeline toasty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Suzie, I am rather pleased with how it turned out. Kind of wanted to keep it for myself! haha.

      Delete
  2. Lovely lovely blanket! This yarn is one of my faves and I'm making lap blanket with it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. it is lovely wool to work with. I would really like to make a blanket for myself using it, so far have only used it for gifts.

      Delete
  3. Your blanket turned out wonderfully. Debbie Bliss Cashmerino is beautiful bit mostly out my price range for larger projects. You could try the Rico baby yarn as it's a bit cheaper and just as soft. Can't wait to see your next project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...