{Instagram}

4 February 2013

Happy Birthday to my Blog!!!

Thursday 2nd February 2012 was the first ever post on this blog. I blogged about these Lego cookies I had baked, check out the post here.  So today I want to celebrate a year of blogging! Happy Birthday to the Perfect Hiding Place.
 
I actually cannot believe it has only been a year, it seems like forever ago that I baked those cookies and started to plan out my first ideas. I am happy that I started blogging, it has brought me so much over this past year. I am impressed and proud of myself that I have stuck to it, blogged consistently and not given up.  So through this little blog I have...
 
  • Made lots of lovely new online friends, it's great to feel like part of a community of like minded people.
  • Got a new  hobby. I didn't have many hobbies before starting this blog and over the past year or so have really enjoyed getting back into crafty things and baking.
  • Developed my photography skills.  I have still got sooo much to learn, but I am pleased with how far I have come. Well I have a lot more photos if nothing else.
  • Developed my skills and understanding of HTML and web design.
  • Improved my writing (possibly).
  • Gained a lovely illustrated diary to look back on.  I take my camera everywhere now so it's nice to document these memories.
  • Felt inspired and pushed myself to be more creative.
  • Discovered a million other amazing blogs, I always follow people if they leave a comment or follow me, great way to find new fabulous reading material.  Blogs may have overtaken magazines as my new favourite thing to read!
  • Got obsessed with Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram... Without this blog I probably wouldn't have heard of these things, or actually use them. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing, haha!
  •  
Hopefully I will progress even further over the next year, my plans for the Perfect Hiding Place include...
 
  • A little re-vamp, currently being worked on by the amazing Magic Feather Designs.
  • More photography development.
  • New content and features.
  • Button swaps and more support to blogger pals.
  • More involvement in the blogger community.
  •  
So thanks little blog, and big thanks to my lovely readers too, I never expected anyone to read my little ramblings so all the lovely kind comments are always a great bonus.
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy bloganiversary!!! Hope for many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Beautiful Picture and info thanks to share with us and Happy Birthday Wallpaper, very shy pic so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...