Thursday 2nd February 2012 was the first ever post on this blog. I blogged about these Lego cookies I had baked, check out the post here. So today I want to celebrate a year of blogging! Happy Birthday to the Perfect Hiding Place.
I actually cannot believe it has only been a year, it seems like forever ago that I baked those cookies and started to plan out my first ideas. I am happy that I started blogging, it has brought me so much over this past year. I am impressed and proud of myself that I have stuck to it, blogged consistently and not given up. So through this little blog I have...
- Made lots of lovely new online friends, it's great to feel like part of a community of like minded people.
- Got a new hobby. I didn't have many hobbies before starting this blog and over the past year or so have really enjoyed getting back into crafty things and baking.
- Developed my photography skills. I have still got sooo much to learn, but I am pleased with how far I have come. Well I have a lot more photos if nothing else.
- Developed my skills and understanding of HTML and web design.
- Improved my writing (possibly).
- Gained a lovely illustrated diary to look back on. I take my camera everywhere now so it's nice to document these memories.
- Felt inspired and pushed myself to be more creative.
- Discovered a million other amazing blogs, I always follow people if they leave a comment or follow me, great way to find new fabulous reading material. Blogs may have overtaken magazines as my new favourite thing to read!
- Got obsessed with Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram... Without this blog I probably wouldn't have heard of these things, or actually use them. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing, haha!
Hopefully I will progress even further over the next year, my plans for the Perfect Hiding Place include...
- A little re-vamp, currently being worked on by the amazing Magic Feather Designs.
- More photography development.
- New content and features.
- Button swaps and more support to blogger pals.
- More involvement in the blogger community.
So thanks little blog, and big thanks to my lovely readers too, I never expected anyone to read my little ramblings so all the lovely kind comments are always a great bonus.