{Instagram}

8 April 2013

A Crochet Birthday Card

It was my Grandma's 93rd birthday this week so of course I had to crochet something for her, any excuse! hehe.  She greatly admired (but of course who wouldn't!) my crochet Mother's day card I made for my Mum so I decided to make her a pretty flowery card for her birthday.
 
I chose these pretty colours from my wool stash, they were leftovers from this but my Grandma loves purples and pinky colours so I thought they would be perfect.
 
The large main flower above is from a pattern on Attic 24, my favourite crochet blog, I may have mentioned it once or twice before. I was dying to make one of these amazing flowers, so pretty and of course very easy if you simply follow Lucy's clearly written pattern.
 
 
These little flowers I made up a simple pattern myself...
  • With colour 1, ch4 and join with a ss to form a ring.
  • Ch 1, then 9dc into ring, join with ss to first ch1 and fasten off.
  • Attach colour 2 securely and ch 2.
  • Work 2tr, and 1htr into the first stitch of the colour 1 round.
  • Be sure to go through both loops of the stitch and catch your colour 2 end to ensure it is secure.
  • Ss into the next stitch.
  • In the next stitch work 1htr, 2tr and 1htr.
  • Ss into the next stitch.
  • Repeat 3 more times to until you have run out of stitches and have 5 petals, ss into first ch2 and fasten off.
  •  
    And here is the finished card.  I have been using PVA to glue my crochet creations onto the card, it works really well if you leave to set somewhere flat over night.
 

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. The colours you chose are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sara, that's very sweet of you to say. x

      Delete
  2. I love Attic 24 flowers!! Well done you for writing your own pattern - Iwould just get in a knot I think!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love Attic 24 everything! hehe. The little flower pattern was super simple, you should give it a go, start small, if I can do it then anyone can!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...