{Instagram}

3 June 2013

 
Things that made me smile...

« Bats swooping past my window « long daylight evenings «  lots of running « long walks « spring cleaning and organising « seeing lovely friends happy at wedding « dancing with Mark « the sunshine « days out with my sister « visiting new places « new curtains « a week off work. 

Cool things discovered this month...

Surely everyone has the Beautiful Mess app by now? It came out this month and it is so fun!  It is a photo app, allowing you to add filters, handwriting and doodles to your pictures.  I love Elsie's photos on the blog and the way they add handwriting to them, now you can do it yourself with this, awesome! (Pic Source: A Beautiful Mess)

Crochet blog Little Woollie posted a tutorial on how to make these fab crochet stars, they are so cute.  Just the perfect thing to hang up in my flat to brighten the place up.  I have already had a little go at making one, if you have seen my Room For Improvement Post you may have noticed it. You can find the full tutorial here. (Pic Source: Little Woollie)

I am daydreaming about pretty summer sandals now the weather is finally starting to get a bit better.  My dream sandal would be the first picture here, Saltwater Sandals (Pic source: http://littlebylittleblog.com/) I love them, so cute.  However I will not be purchasing them as I don't wear leather.  If anybody can find me a decent cheap non-leather copy I would love you forever! Second pic Swedish Hasbeens (Pic source: www.office.co.uk) another iconic sandal, sadly again only in leather, these are slightly smarter so great for work.  And finally how pretty are these red flowery ones in pic 3? And wuhu they are not leather, and affordable at only £22 from Asos. (Pic source: www.asos.com) 

New movies/TV shows...

Star Trek Into Darkness - This was Mark's pick at the cinema (hang on, I'm pretty sure every time we go to the cinema, Mark gets to pick!), I am not a Star Trek fan at all, I have only ever watched it when forced.  but Mark promised I would enjoy these new ones, and as the one and only Simon Pegg is in it, I thought why not! To be honest I'm happy to go to the cinema anytime, who can resist a giant Tango Iceblast! But it was good, I genuinely enjoyed it. Simon Pegg made me LOL!

The Romantics - A movie I have been wanting to see for a while, after stumbling upon a trailer.  Did this ever make it over here in the UK? I don't recall seeing it on at the cinema?  Well I finally tracked it down to watch it.  Great cast, Katie Holmes (she was in Dawson's Creek so I LOVE her), Anna Paquin, Josh Dumal, Malin Akerman, Adam Brody (him from the OC!) etc.  I thought it was great, lovely scenery, a bit dark and brooding, my kind of movie.

New blog discoveries...

Tilly and the Buttons - It's her from Great British Sewing Bee! If you are crafty I'm sure you watched it.  Tilly was by far the coolest, the clothes she makes are just my style.  Even though I would never be able to make anything as good as she does, I love reading her blog and seeing the pics.  If you do fancy having a go, she provides full instructions of course.

Bow Ties are Cool - I love Meg's style, short black bobbed hair, thick geeky glasses, tattoos and wears a lot of black. It's been great to discover this blog and go back through all her fashion posts, she is super cool, go check it out...

Only two great blog discoveries this month, could it be that I have discovered ALL the blogs now? haha! If you have any recommendations, anything that you are currently loving that you think I would like, or if I haven't seen your blog yet,  please do leave me links in the comments.

It is the 1st of June as I write this, the official start of Summer and it is actually a beautiful warm sunny day outside.  I am not generally a summer person (mad I know, but I love woolly tights, coats and winter boots!) but I can't help feeling excited for long summer days enjoying the outdoors.  Come on Mr Weatherman, we haven't had a decent Summer in years, give us something to smile about.... 

2 comments:

  1. Argh! Love your blog finds.. I hadn't a clue Tilly had a blog. Thank you so much for the link!

    HELen

    pierrelecat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...