{Instagram}

21 August 2013

A Crochet Cat

Meet my new little crochet buddy, Amineko cat.  He is a special little crochet cat for my brand new baby Nephew who was born last Thursday.
 
I can't remember how I first came across Amineko cats, I guess from looking at lots of crochet sites etc, but once you come across them, they just seem to be everywhere.  I had collected these little pics on my phone for a while, very sorry but I don't have original sources to credit the photos (bad blogger sorry!) But I just love how different they are and how people animate them in the photos, so cute.  I knew he would make a nice pressie for my new Nephew, and I was dying to have a go at making one.

Here he is just before being stitched up, head, body and limbs all made.  It is funny at this stage, I hate the stitching up because you just have no idea how they are going to look.  But once you begin to piece the bits together they get their own little personality... 

The wool I chose was Sirdar Snuggly double knitting in shades 0326 and 0259 as you can see I have used most of the blue and have quite a bit of the creamy colour left over, so you only need to purchase two balls of wool for this project, so can be relatively inexpensive.  I used a size 3.5 crochet hook. The pattern I used can be found here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amineko-crocheted-cat 

This is a little Instagram I took of him after completing his face and whilst attaching his arms.  I had him laid out on my lap and just thought he looked so cute, it was as if I am performing an operation on him! hehe. He def has a little personality now he has his face, quite pleased with how he has turned out so far.

And here he is all finished, all limbs attached.  Ah, he is a cutie, rather tempted to keep him for myself... 


Close up of his little paws.

Profile view.

 Bum view! Check out his little tail.

Just chillin! haha.

Have you made an Amineko cat?  I would love to see the pics, if you want to leave links in the comments. 
 

2 comments:

  1. He is lovely!! Well done. I'm sure he will be cherished for years to come.

    Lindsay at Scottish Outlander (http://www.scottishoutlander.co.uk/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat is so cute and beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...