{Instagram}

16 October 2013

A Babygro Monkey

A little while ago my Brother told me that he had heard about an idea to make little toys and mementos out of little babygros that your baby has grown out of.  I thought it sounded like a really nice idea, and suddenly I am roped into making a little toy from my Newphew's little clothes he is now too big for (he is only 2 months old how can he have grown out of things already!!!).

One of the little suits that my Brother gave me had a large applique monkey motif on the front, and knowing that my Brother and Sister in Law are obsessed with monkeys I thought perfect, I will use that as its head.  The rest I just sort of made up as I went along.
 
I wanted the monkey to have sort of a scrappy look to it, so it is obvious what it is made out of, so I added some little details.  I cut out the above little tag from inside one of the little suits and thought it would be a nice detail to stitch this onto the monkey.

The limbs were just based on the same basic pattern and I used the actual sleeves from one of the babygros complete with the cuff detail which was perfect for the little paws. 

I even cut off the edging trim with the press studs from one of the suits and sewed it down the middle so it looks like the monkey is wearing a babygro!

On his bottom another little detail cut off one of the babygros, I couldn't figure out a tail so thought a detail here would do instead.

Ta da! Finished little scrappy babygro monkey.  The material is soooo soft and smells like babies! aw! I didn't want to cut up my Nephew's little clothes at first, but he has sooo many and I think this little monkey will be a nice keepsake.  My Brother and Sister in Law seemed happy with him anyway. Phew!  
 

9 comments:

  1. Gah this is beyond cute! I love this!! You are really clever Jo, how you find the time i have no idea :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Im quite pleased with how he turned out but to be honest I kept putting him off for ages as wasn't pleased with how it was going. x

      Delete
  2. He's adorable! Such a cute idea :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the kind comment. x

      Delete
  3. Jo this is amazing!! You could totally go into business making these. He is so cute, i know where i will be coming when we have a baby! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks loads Anna :-D it was quite stressful and a little upsetting cutting up little babygros, I'm not sure I could handle making many more, except for friends of course tho. x

      Delete
  4. He is so cute! I'm sure he will be cherished for years to come. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...