{Instagram}

12 November 2013

Colourful Crochet Cotton Bunting

Wow I love this yarn! I had never used cotton yarn for crochet before, but look at these colours, so bright!
 
For this project I used my trusty 3.5 hook with customised Fimo handle, you can see my tutorial for my Fimo crochet hooks here
  
 Look at the texture of the stitches, the yarn really shows each one clearly.
 
I wanted to make something really pretty to keep for myself with this yarn as it is so special. I chose some bunting, after being inspired by Attic 24 here I changed my bunting a bit, by making them bigger and slightly different shape.  I then added a sort of blanket stitch edge.
 
 
 Finished triangles, sooo pretty.
 

To string them together I made a chain then a row of single crochet.

 
 
Here is the final bunting! Hung up over my pretty gingham curtains. The final stage was to iron them, this cotton yarn irons really well, we can't have curly bunting, no no no!
 
What do you think? Are you a bunting fan?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. oh!! I love this. yes im a bunting fan, and this is way cute xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...