{Instagram}

15 January 2014

Cute Little Crochet Monkey

One of my nephew Corey's Christmas presents this year was this cute little crochet monkey.  Of course I had to crochet him something for Christmas!

I simply Googled 'monkey crochet pattern' and looked through the images to find a suitable one and this pattern was the clear winner, how cute!!!

I purchased the pattern from this amazing Etsy shop Luvly-Gurumi https://www.etsy.com/shop/luvlygurumi it was only £2.50 for a beautiful, easy to follow PDF pattern.  I think it is SO worth it spending a few pounds on an Etsy crochet pattern, you support small craft business and get super cute, innovative patterns.

This is the image from the pattern, I don't think I did too badly did I?

I LOVE the little design details on the monkey, like the funny little 'hair' on the top of his head! The head is made in two parts, the beige colour and then the brown 'hood' is made separately.  It is a completely separate piece, with little holes for the ears and fastens under his chin with a little strap and button, how cute is that!

OK, so I didn't know if I wanted to mention this or not.... probably a bad decision.  But Corey loved his little monkey, and I was super proud of it, got some really nice compliments on him.  But a little while after Christmas Corey and his mum Nikki were out for a walk and it was a really blustery day and Nikki had not realised but monkey blew out of the pram! We searched for him, put out a campaign on Facebook (which got 140 shares!) and put him on the Teddy Lost and Found database but no sign of little monkey... we are all a bit heartbroken. But I like to think that a little child has found him and he is now in a new loving home. sob sob.

Have you found any cute Etsy crochet patterns recently?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jo what a lovely gift, I'm so sorry you haven't been able to find him. Fingers crossed he is found or is being well loved! I'm sure a lot of love went into making him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...