{Instagram}

27 January 2014

Some recent projects...

Goodness I have been busy lately! I seem to have had one crafty project after another, and I'm certainly not complaining.  I have had some little crochet pal requests from friends and always happy to oblige... 

My Friend Amy got in touch recently as it was nearing her daughter Madeline's first birthday and she wondered whether I might make her an Itty Bitty Bunny, she had seen my blog post here and knew Madeline would love one.  So I picked out a lovely grey colour in my new favourite yarn Lullaby by Stylecraft.  The pattern is of course from Simply Crochet Issue 2.

Another project was of course to replace Corey, my nephew's monkey. I blogged about Monkey recently here and added the sad note at the end to say that Monkey blew out of the pram  in a storm when on route into town shortly after Christmas, sob sob.  After a Facebook campaign and around 150 shares across our friends and friends of friends no luck, so obviously he jumped onto the nearby train tracks and is safely in London visiting with Paddington Bear.  As Corey was missing him greatly I set to work on Monkey 2.

Little head...

And final monkey, shhhh, don't tell Monkey 1, but I think Monkey 2 turned out a little better! You can find the adorable pattern here.  I love this little pattern, relatively simple to make and can be done in one evening. So I made a special visit to Corey to drop off new Monkey and he seemed pleased with it, he instantly grabbed him and gave him a big gummy slobbery kiss!

Look how Madeline's Itty Bitty Bunny turned out! I'm rather pleased with him.  Amy said strictly no pink, so I thought a cute red gingham ribbon would finish him off nicely.  I've been working on perfecting my bows.

Itty Bitty cutey.  I was a little nervous posting bunny off for his long journey south to Berkshire, but was super happy to receive a cute pic from Amy with Madeline and bunny yesterday morning saying that he arrived safely, phew.

What have you been crafting recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...