{Instagram}

1 May 2014

This Month... April

Stuff that made me smile...

« Evening bike rides and light nights « beautiful sunshine « a week off « babysitting my perfect smiley baby nephew « drunken nights with the Carlisle bloggers! « Exploring new places with my friend Ailsa « getting a much needed haircut « the bluebells « buying my first pair of jeans in years! « Easter eggs, « Spring cleaning « my Mark.

What's been happening lately...

 

« Dog sitting «  witnessing a ladybug party « finding some beautiful old topiary at the local cemetery « the best Easter 'egg' ever! « an unexpected rain shower caused the prettiest rainbow on an evening bike ride « Meggy is molting like mad recently so I brush her ever day, it's her fave thing ever! « Corey was so happy and playful when I was babysitting « bought some new bits to keep my bike looking nice.

Blog posts loved...

http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2014/04/casual-friday-vol-5.html
The new Casual Friday posts on A Beautiful Mess are just genius, I am obsessed with these ladies so seeing these extra insights into their seemingly perfect lives is fabulous for nosey people like me!

http://www.modeandthecity.net/2014/04/les-bords-de-seine.html
I love this French style blog, all of Daphne's outfits are fab, but this one is my favourite to date, just perfect. I don't stand a chance of ever looking this well put together!

http://galadarling.com/article/put-down-your-goddamn-phone-the-perils-of-phoneland/
Loved this post, so so true! I really need to not be so glued to my phone all day and it really grates on me when having conversations with others who are staring at their phones, it's kind of rude!

http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2014/04/six-things-ive-learnt-in-six-years-of-marriage/
I enjoyed this post, whilst I am not married I am in a long running relationship and it is always good to get decent relationship advice and reading things like this make me re-focus on what's important.

http://sallytangle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/lessons-learnt-2.html
I love each and every one of sally's posts, and it is so fab that she is blogging more frequently now, but her new series 'lessons learnt' are a particular favourite.  She takes the time to notice the things that she has learnt in the week and it is a super lovely and inspiring read.

Insta inspiration...


I love love love how my iPhone lets me take screen shots.  When I look through my camera roll it is usually more screen shots than my own photos.  I love to screen shot things I find on blogs, Instagram and various websites as inspiration.  I thought I would share me favourite instagram inspirations this month...

herecomesthesunblog - this makes me feel all summery, and some classic outfit inspiration, Keikolynn - I love this outfit, I really want to try and brave midi skirts this summer, Katymitten - Love Katy's style and another midi skirt inspiration idea, Sophiabush - My favourite girl crush ever, she is so perfect isn't she! Smashleybell - A huge style crush, I wish to look like this, this summer! Vivwild - Wowee, look at that caravan, super beautiful and oh so cosy! Paigecalvert1 - I never liked jelly shoes before seeing this snap, now I desperatley want some, and it's acceptable to wear them with tights, win! Selectpotential - Right that is it, I MUST have a denim jacket this summer, love this outfit. Hippyknitter - erm drool, I must have this book, guilt free treats my GF friend and I can enjoy! Lilyallen - I must have some birkenstocks this summer, I loved mine in the 90s (anyone know where I can get some non leather versions?)

My May Goals...

Why wait until new year to make goals and plans?  I love making lists for myself, even if I never get through them it keeps me inspired and thinking positive.  So here are a few ideas for the month of May...

  1. Explore new places alone on my bike.  - I'm not very brave when it comes to exploring new places to bike, usually sticking to the same routes.  But I'm determined to go further and find new routes now the nights are nice and light.
  2. Stick to healthy eating - I generally get excited about any new healthy eating plan and stick to it for a week or so until the bad eating habits fall back in.  This month can I kick them properly?
  3. Spring clean and de-clutter - You know those horrid jobs that you hate and think are huge?  Well I've been putting a load off, but I feel the flat needs a spring clean, so I really should get round to some this month.
  4. Go on another camping trip - Mark and I love camping, and we've had a couple of fab trips already this season. We have drawn up a list of camping spots to visit and I'm dying to get cracking on it!
  5. Be braver with fashion choices - I admit it, I have a 'uniform' a style I stick to all the time, I've been recently daydreaming about summer clothes and I would love to try to mix my style up a little bit this season.

What has inspired you this month and what goals have you set yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...