{Instagram}

9 April 2015

A Crochet Lion

For my Nephew James's Naming day recently I made him a little crochet lion! My sister Jen actually asked if I might make a lion quite a while ago, so I knew she might just like this one...

For the cutest crochet toy patterns you just cannot beat Luvly-Gurumi patterns, you can check them out on Etsy here https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LuvlyGurumi and for just a few pounds you get a beautiful easy to follow pattern PDF. (Image source: Luvly Gurumi)

I completely failed to keep a note of the yarn I used, but I'm pretty sure its Sirdar Snuggly Baby DK. I used some cotton yarn for the face, stuffed with safety toy stuffing. Of course I embroidered the face on rather than using safety eyes as it was for a baby gift. I used my usual 3.5 hook.

A side pose...

Here's his mane in all its glory!

Look at that tail! I think this is my favourite tail of all the tails I have made yet. It's a little pom pom!

Squishy round tum!

Luvly Gurumi patterns simply are genius, his mane is a little hood and comes off. You lift it over his ears and fasten with a strap and button under his chin, cutest thing ever!

Ta da! Final lion in full.

Have you made any Luvly Gurumi patterns? Have you found anything cuter?

4 comments:

  1. What about the slippers. lion is super cute but slippers awesome !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, the slippers will be coming to the blog soon....

      Delete
  2. Aww he's a cutie, I love his little tail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachael, thanks so much for your kind comment. His tail is my fave part! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...