{Instagram}

16 April 2015

Crochet Baby Lion Slippers

My littlest Nephew Baby James had his special Naming Day recently and of course I crocheted! I made him a little lion, you can see that blog post here...  but I didn't just stop there, oh no no no... he HAD to have matching crochet Lion slippers to go with his lion toy! SCREEEEAM! Lion slippers, just about the cutest thing ever (Not nearly as cute as baby James of course!)

I used the same yarn as the lion so they go beautifully together, some Sirdar Snuggly Baby DK. I came across the pattern on good ol' Pinterest, but of course! I just knew my sister would love them, so it had to be done.

You can find the pattern here on Etsy by Two Girls Patterns they have loads of other patterns for super cute baby booties, give their shop a 'favourite'. The PDF pattern costs just £3.82 for the PDF instant download and it is super well written and easy to understand. I love supporting small crochet business by paying for patterns. A lot of hard work and effort goes into creating beautiful crochet patterns, so please don't just hunt out free patterns all the time, its just a few pounds and rewards the designer for their hard efforts.

The soles of the little slippers are a contrast colour, super cute.

The wee tails are simply a small amount of yarn tied into a chain loop. Really simple idea but effective, makes such a cute tail!


These teeny slippers were such fun to work on, I was chuckling to myself whilst making them because I could just see my sister's face when she opens them.... that's the best bit about present giving! And her face didn't disappoint, I hope she liked them?

Well somebody liked them anyway, look at that smile! HOW happy is super cutey baby James to be wearing his crochet lion slippers? Look there's the lion toy too! aw!


What's the cutest little crochet patterns you have come across lately? DO tell me in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jo these are sooo cute! James looks like he loves them and what baby wouldn't!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. I seem to have lost my motivation for crafting at the moment - hope it returns soon.

    Joan - www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG.. !!!! I need the pattern...my first grandbaby is due in December and I just crocheted a girl lion blanket and I need those patterns of the shoes and stuffed lion. It's last name is Lyons...so of course my daughter wants everything lion.... You did beautiful work.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...