{Instagram}

14 May 2015

Etsy: Buying Handmade

I've said it loads before and I will say it again, but I just love love love buying handmade items from small designer makers! Etsy is my first stop off whenever I am looking to buy a gift for someone or in fact just want to splash some cash on myself (yeah mostly for myself!)

Buying handmade you get a unique gift, lovingly handcrafted, usually beautifully packaged and you support small designer makers.  I thought I would share a few things I have purchased recently... (mostly for myself!) because super talented designer makers need to be shouted about... 




Firstly lets mention the packaging again, surely THE best bit of buying from designer makers. SO much effort goes into packaging and making the parcel look beautiful.  I know when I sell little crafts bits I take so much time and effort over this.  It is super important, as this is your first impression and a reflection of your business. But sometimes these beautiful parcels are just too pretty to open!

A simple candy coloured sweet bag and stickers work wonders. Super cute!

So want to see what I bought... course you do...!

First up... well this really sells itself doesn't it, how beautiful is this new collection Layla Amber Hare necklace? Laser cut wood and hand painted. I've never seen anything quite like it before. I've worn it a few times now and have had loads of admiring glances and comments.

Go checkout Layla Amber's Etsy store here... and purchase some of her lovely creations for yourself.


Now I'm a super duper important business woman myself (LOL!) I was in need of a business card holder for my many business cards.  I also have new ones for the day job too.  Any excuse for a new pretty accessory! I love this card holder by the Beaded Garden in a Cath Kidston print.

Check out the Beaded Garden Etsy store right here... 

My littlest nephew had a special Naming Day recently, so he had to have a special card. It's quite tough finding Naming Day cards in the shops, and of course very limited choice so I did a search on Etsy.  I came across With Love From Josie's amazing cards and contacted her to see if she might customise one for a naming day.  Josie could not be more helpful and friendly, and of course no problem to make a naming day card.  I was super happy with it, so was my sister, beautifully made and of course unique.

Check out WithLoveFromJosie Etsy shop right here..


I love a perspex laser cut necklace, I actually spotted someone on my Instagram feed wearing a similar necklace and fell in love with everything in  Kayleigh O'Mara's Etsy shop. She sells lots of unique laser cut pieces and super cute illustrated cards. This bright yellow lovely is perfect for brightening up any outfit.

Go now to Kayleigh O'Mara's Etsy shop and purchase one yourself....

Ok, bought something from Etsy lately? I MUST see it... send me links to your fave shops... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...