{Instagram}

29 October 2015

Scary Halloween Nail Art

Ooh it's been a while since I posted some nail art! Mainly because I haven't been doing any nail art recently! My nails are always painted of course (ew bare nails! shudder!) but they have just been plain colours, well when I say plain usually the brightest neons I can find or a 'classic' bright grass green.

Anywho Halloween is the perfect excuse for painting themed nails and when I spotted these cute wee nail stickers in sainsburys I couldn't resist!

 Step 1.... pull out all the Halloween type colours from one's stash... I have gone for:


  • A Ciate red
  • W7 in 15 Fluorescent Orange (My absolute fave nail varnish ever!)
  • Seche Vite - THE best top coat
  • Barry M black, number 47
  • Barry M Gelly purple
  • Sinful Colours in Exotic Green number 1105
Step 2... Prepare your nails.  I take off my old varnish with little remover pads from Superdrug, they are so convenient, perfect for taking away on holiday.  

I clip my nails and then file with my Leighton Denny glass nail file. I resisted buying this for ages after being disappointed with glass files in the past, but oh my I was wrong! This thing is fab, it is a lot more expensive than a regular file but will literally last forever and is so much better for your nails than a regular file too.

Then I add a teeny drop of cuticle oil, massage in and push back cuticles with your nail or a hoof stick, then wash hands.

Step 3... Decide on your colours and paint nails, I went for three colours; orange, green and black for the three types of stickers I have and did alternate nails with 2 coats on each nail.



Step 4... Once nails completely touch dry apply your stickers.  These were from Sainsburys in their Halloween section and I think were only a pound.  They are really sticky and last a good few days without peeling off.  I simply stuck them on using fingers, but you could use tweezers if you want more careful placement.

Step 5... Once your stickers are in place I finished off with a coat of Seche Vite which makes my nails extra shiny, prevents chipping so quickly and will just help to keep the stickers on longer.

 Ta da, perfect scary Halloween nails!

 And these were my nails from 2013.... You can find the full post here.. 

I didn't blog these beauties (shock!!!), but these were last years, I simply just instagrammed them, but I think these drippy blood ones were my favourite Halloween nails to date!

I created these just with a nail dotting tool, using the smallest size to dot on the drippy blood.

Do you paint your nails for Halloween? I would love to see...


4 comments:

  1. Your Halloween nails are so much fun! I love the stickers <3 I'm a complete newbie to painting my nails (I've bit them all my life and finally, I have nails!) Will definitely be returning to your posts as inspiration when they're long enough!
    Donna xx
    Polkadot Pink - a thrifty, life&style blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much for your comment, that's really kind of you to say. I love painting my nails, you can never go wrong with a dotting tool! easiest 'nail art' ever, and my fave! x

      Delete
  2. Love love love love! I haven't done any nail art for aaaaaages either... Feeling a little bit inspired after seeing yours though!

    pierrelecat | jewellery, travel & book blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. I def go through nail art phases! lol. But would LOVE to see some more nail art on your blog if you feeling inspired... x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...