{Instagram}

18 December 2015

Getting ready for... The Christmas Party

Last Saturday night I was invited to go along to Mark's work Christmas do at a hotel in town.  As my work don't really get a 'proper' Christmas party I was excited to be involved in this one.

It was a fun evening, met nice people, ate nice food, free bar and even some dancing!

Here's my getting ready stuff...

All the make up...

I always wear a primer under my foundation and I love the way Garnier BB + Blur makes my skin feel. My everyday foundation is Rimmel's Wake me up, i don't like heavy foundations. I then brushed on a tiny bit of my Mac powder so I wasn't too shiny.

On my eyes I used a new bourjous eyeshadow, this one is a pretty silvery purple colour and has a glittery shimmer to it. I added some extra sparkle to this with some loose glitter. Finished off my eyes with some black eyeliner and lots of mascara.

I don't often do much with my brows but as it was a party, I plucked and shaped them, then added a little bit of eyebrow shadow using a tiny brush and then some Rimmel Brow this way gel to set them in place.

I finished off my face with a tiny slick of Clinique lipgloss which is a really subtle pink colour.

Of course I had to do some party nails! I chose a deep purple colour from Sinful Colours and then on top I applied this super sparkly glitter from Rimmel.

I applied about 3 coats of glitter to get this look and then finished off with a clear top coat to keep the glitter in place.

I chose some spangly jewelry as my dress is plain... A nice silver bauble necklace (from my mum's jewelry box, thanks mum!) and a pretty bracelet that I got for my birthday off Mark's mum. I wore my usual ring which is silver with a green stone and some sparkly plug earrings in my stupid stretched ears!


My bag was about £3 from Primark and was just big enough for my phone, some lippy and eyeliner and a bit of money.  I like the little wristlet, makes it easy for dancing!

My shoes were from New Look, I don't really get on too well with heels, and they always hurt my feet so badly by the end of the night so instead chose these flats which I thought were a bit different.

This is my dress! Black with little sparkly bits o it.  I loved the details like the sheer arms, and the cut out bits across the bib and slightly pleated front. I'm not one for showing lots of skin so this was great. The dress is from Marks and Spencer.


Have you been to any fun parties this festive season?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh,pretty nails and dress!!! I like the bauble necklace too!!!

    I went to a party last Saturday and wore a nice ladybird dress with a Tatty Devine lolly necklace.Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...