{Instagram}

2 January 2016

2015...in adventures

2015 has been a brilliant year for me! I've done loads of fun stuff, not least achieving my number 1 ambition of visiting New York this summer.  Here is a little re-cap of my year in adventures...
In January we popped over to Glasgow for the weekend to see Slipknot and Korn live, was a super fun weekend.
In March we celebrated my nephew James's Naming Day was THE prettiest party ever.
At the end of March we celebrated Mark turning 30 with a few days in THE most amazing house in Scotland complete with turrets. Besides our America and Canada holiday this was seriously my fave holiday ever, I adored this place.
At the start of April for the Easter bank holiday weekend Mark and I went on our first camping trip of the season to Keswick, this is becoming a bit of a tradition for us. Keswick is local and we visit all the time and know the town so well but I always get excited to go back, especially when camping!
In May we made a visit down south to the beautiful Burghley House, again camping, but camping in the stunning grounds. I enjoyed a beautiful day looking round this amazing house and grounds whilst Mark completed the 'the toughest mud obstacle race on earth' Rat Race Dirty Weekend, a marathon length run with over 200 obstacles, I preferred my day! lol!
Then a couple of weeks later I, for some insane reason, took part in my own mud obstacle race, Gelt Gladiator. I was super excited and nervous all at the same time. It turned out to be one of the most fun things of the year.
In June we spent a lovely afternoon at Talkin Tarn spotting some woolly treasures...
Also in June we spent a fantastically fun couple of days in Newcastle seeing the punk band NOFX, I haven't listened to this band in years so it was so nostalgic for me. I was having too much fun to remember to take any photos!
So as I mentioned before this summer we had THE holiday of a lifetime when we visited New York it was of course epic!
We not only visited New York but we also did a little few days road trip though the New England states, check out our New England road trip blog post!
Our holiday in August finally ended up over the border into Canada for Mark's brother's wedding, which was just lovely.
For a special birthday treat in September Mark took me to Beamish which is an open air museum in the North East, one of the best days of the year, I had so much fun! This place is seriously amazing, so impressed!
In October Mark and I enjoyed a lovely day trip to one of our favourite places, Grange in Borrowdale for a beautiful walk.
Also in October we booked a camping barn at Gorsebank with some friends for a few days of lovely camping and biking fun.
In November we had another little weekend away to see a band in Newcastle, this time Frank Turner, I LOVE him, it was SUPER fun! Again failed to take photos, doh!
Finally in December I saw out the New Year with my best friends having a lovely Hogmanay meal and some dancing over the border in Dumfries.
I loved 2015, I can't wait to for the 2016 adventures...

2 comments:

  1. You've had a wonderful year! Hurrah! So lucky to have Keswick up the road! I was so sad not to make it to Haltwhistle this Christmas as my inlaws came down to Essex and we didn't somehow manage to get up there! We'll have to make some effort to get there in half term!
    I LOVED Beamish!!! Isn't it just the most amazing place!!!!! I can't wait to visit there again particularly as we didn't manage to get to the Coliery and try the fish and chips! We went for new year and did some ceildih dancing!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I adore Beamish, I really badly want to go back. There was a huge queue for the fish and chips when we were there, so didn;t get any either, boo! And you can go for New Year, wowee! I'm def going to look into that next year, I love a ceilidh! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...