Gosh this week seems to have wizzed past, I suddenly remembered yesterday that I have this little post to put together, I started panicking that I hadn't thought much about what to include... But actually I sat down to start my list and loads of things came to mind, loads more than I need to include even!
I think writing happy lists like this, focusing on positive things, lets your mind gradually grow to think in a positive way as its default position. Yeah for the power of Wonderful Wednesday!
Here's this week's list...
1. Squirrels. I spotted a teeny grey squirrel on my way to work this week and stopped to watch him for longer than was probably necessary! Considering I'm usually late for work, I really should not be stopping to watch squirrels. But I can't help it... Squirrels are quite a rare sight up here in Cumbria, especially our beautiful red ones (that's ALWAYS an extra special sight!) so I love to watch them wizzing up trees and scampering about.
2. A new baby. One of my very bestest friends had a new baby and I got to meet him properly and give him a cuddle this week. I'm sorry but is it not impossible to have anything other than a great big grin on your face when cuddling a newborn? You really do forget how teeny tiny they can be... then you look at their little funny facial gestures, and their tiny feet and hands... oh no.... I probably want one now, hehe!
3. Driving in my car. Yes, I really do love it. As much as it makes me feel quite nervous I'm super motivated and keen to be out in it and driving. Yes admittedly I have not gone very far at all yet but what I have done I have enjoyed. I am determined to only think positive things and be confident in my new car. I am going to focus on how much I love it and how many adventures we can have together...
4. A new stripey coat. I have quite a few coats, well I have quite a few navy coats... hehe. I have a beautiful navy thick woolen duffle coat with furry hood, a super warm, thick navy waterproof parka which I have been living in this winter and a thinner parka style coat which is great for warmer weather but not very waterproof. I wanted something in between all these, so maybe a parka style, but thin, light and waterproof. In my head it was to be navy... BUT then we saw it, on a shopping trip my mum and I noticed a beautiful bold stripey waterproof coat in good old M&S! Its Navy and white stripes, I love it, but its quite eye catching and different for me. But I feel SOOOO happy wearing it. Who cares if I resemble a five year old child?
5. Days out with my dad and sister. What a rare treat this weekend was. When we were younger we used to have quite a lot more days out together and I do admit thinking that now my littlest nephew has come along these days might be gone forever, but just me, Dad and Jen went out for the day at the weekend and it was just lovely.
6. The walking dead. So I just watched the final episode in the latest season and it of course ended on a big dramatic cliff hanger, and the thought of waiting months and months for a new season is super depressing. But I have really enjoyed this show, its super gory and shocking but what I like best about it is it is a show Mark and I can enjoy together... there isn't many of those that we actually agree on. I love our weekly ritual of sitting down to watch it together and then big discussions afterwards...
7. Celebrity gossip mags day. Preceding Wonderful Wednesday is Celebrity Gossip Magazine Joy Tuesday (doesn't have quite the same ring to it! lol!) but it is JUST as wonderful! I have a bit (ok ok HUGE) of a magazine buying habit and I have done for years and years and years. I do believe I have purchased every single issue of Heat since it started (or the vast vast majority of at least!). I do keep up with regular news so I'm not ignorant and ill informed but lets face it, it is never positive and it gets me down so much. But the celebrity gossip always puts a smile on face. I'm just fascinated by it all and its pure escapism from my 'normal' life. I buy at least 3 celebrity gossip mags weekly, nothing better than buying a big stack and sitting down for the evening to read them, snuggled on the sofa.
8. Pretty earrings. I have pretty much ruined my ears. Well in a way I have. My piercings are stretched, I did this years ago, because I thought it was cool. I do still like it and don't regret it (much) but I get sad that I can't wear dainty pretty earrings. My stretched ears are not huge so most people probably don't even notice, and I mostly wear plug type earrings. Most plugs and tunnel type earrings are ugly, they appeal to teenagers and have silly logos on them and come in crazy colours. I do have more crazy ones, for crazy moods, but sometimes I just want something nice. This week I found them... and ordered a whole load... pretty ones in pastel blue, pink and soft green and the most amazing clear plastic ones with dainty pressed flowers in! Yeah, hurrah, at last. I can have pretty ears again!
So what's been making you smile this week? Drop the Wonderful Wednesday gang a tweet with the hashtag #WonderfulWednesday or why not compose your own post?
Check out the rest of the fabulous Wonderful Wednesday gang right here... Sally, Michelle, Kate, Helen, Cat and big welcome to newest member Kate.