{Instagram}

12 October 2016

Wonderful Wednesday ... 25


It's been another lovely week and my super happy mood continues, wuhu! It's even colder this week and I have even been sporting a woolly dress and thicker knits. Literally think the fact I can wear more clothes is what is keeping me so happy, I'm odd like that.

So without further waffle, here is my happy list this week...

1. The first planting.... So we were super excited at the weekend to plant the very first things at our allotment. Yes, I know, I know, it's not really planting time of year. But I was SO desperate to plant just something. You know, the more I think of it, I'm not sure I really am cut out to be a gardener or allotmenter... all that WAITING! I'm the most impatient person ever!  Oh well... we popped in some pretty spring bulbs, daffodils, snowdrops etc. And they are JUST for picking, so we can have pretty spring flowers in the house. Please hurry up and grow now!

2. Oranges.. Or probably satsumas, or tangerines, anyone know the difference? Well those small, juicy orange things anyway. I have been LOVING them. Huge net fulls of the things are popping up all over the supermarket and I cannot resist their juicy goodness at this time of year. Yum, yum, yum.

3. Taking myself to the cinema... You know what I did last week, I went to the cinema, all on my own! I fancied seeing the new Bridget (it's FAB by the way, super nice!) and had nobody to go with, friends all busy, mum couldn't come, and Mark refused (hehe) so I popped in on my way home from work. Why the hell not? Sat with my usual large bag of Minstrels and a Tango Ice Blast, I was very happy indeed.

4. A day with James... Friday I was off work, yippee! And I got to spend the entire day with my littlest nephew James (and bonus saw oldest nephew Corey too! wuhu!) Dad and I drove to Newcastle to pick them up, gave James his birthday pressies (crochet robot, playmobil animals, batman PJs and er baby Converse! screeeam!) then we played all afternoon, running round the house, apple picking, and reading books. 

5. A reunion... Not mine, but a work event! I organise reunions for a living and sometimes it is just the loveliest loveliest thing! This weekend I was in Ambleside meeting with some older ladies for a reunion of their old college. They were mostly there in the late 1950s, early 1960s... and it was just FAB to hear their stories and show them round and help them reminisce. The ladies were just the loveliest and were super grateful with the little afternoon tea and cakes we put on for them. I got a lovely thanks you card and chocs. Sometimes my job really is just the nicest.

6. A super productive day...  I have no idea where it has come from, but of late I seem to have iron will power and productivity (only in some areas of course, the power to resist chocolate will never happen!) On Sunday, I was up with larks driving my wee car, popped to pick something up from mum and dad's, home by 8am, got ready, down the allotment by 9, dug over the whole bed and planted my spring bulbs, home for lunch, put a load of washing on. Then sanded down the walls in the hallway and painted them all! THEN, did ALL the housework, finally finishing about 9pm. (bet the neighbours LOVE my unsociable hoovering hours!) I do enjoy days like this, once I get going I just don't really want to stop. Love how smug and satisfied it makes me feel.

7. Babies... Babies, babies everywhere... I have 3 friends who are currently pregnant, well that was UNTIL Friday and a baby came!! So exciting... I love babies, and friend's baby news. I just keep hearing about new babies all the time. But simply the best thing about new babies are the crochet and shopping opportunities. I purchased the sweetest little woollen striped blue romper, squeal... and I'm on with THE cutest wee crochet toy, I'm sure it will make an appearance on this here blog soon...

If this is not enough happy for you, do check out my pals...  SallyHelenMichelleKateCatSamElKerri, Mimmi, Isabelle and Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Hurrah for citrus season coming back! Going to the cinema on your own is actually really nice. I should do it more often! And wow, sounds like you had a super productive day there. Enjoy the rest of your week! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am SO JEALOUS of your job! I had no idea that was even a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I guess I do have a nice job. I'm Alumni Officer for a university. So reunions are a big part of it. They are the best part though! x

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful week lovely! I can't wait to see your flowers once they've grown, hurry hurry hurry up and grow!! I love a good old productive day. I think I should really treat myself to a cinema day too! Thank you for spreading the happiness once again, it's definitely contagious!

    Peta xx
    www.24hoursintoday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the first plant of the year! At least it's a start. Maybe you'll get less impatient as time goes on. I think I'd be too impatient too.

    Go you for going to the cinema. I'm not a big fan of doing things alone, but now that I have all day to do things, I've been getting out and about by myself a lot more. It's practice, I think. I doubt I'll go to the cinema, since I don't like it, but I do go to the library so that's something :)

    Happy WW to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comment. I really hope I get less impatient, just have to be really! hehe. Oh you should certainly go to the library on your own. I must admit I don't do a lot on my own and started to get a bit more brave as I've got older. Just cannot rely on other people all the time to do what you want to do and when, so why not just get on with things... x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...