{Instagram}

4 January 2017

Wonderful Wednesday ... 33

Ah, the very first ww post of 2017! And a very merry new year to you all! Hope you had a super festive break.
I seem to have missed a few weeks here yet again, so this post will be a look at some of the happy things that have happened over the past couple of weeks...
1. Family, that's what Christmas is all about right? I loved Christmas day, because for the first time in many many years my sister was able to be in Carlisle. So we were all there at my mum and dads, me, Mark, sis, nephew James and bro in law Phil, plus my brother, sister in law and nephew Corey it was fab.  We also spent loads of time with Mark's family over the festive break too which is just lovely.
2. Days with no plans.  Those days after Christmas and before New Year just disappear right? Today is my first day back at work so the last few days have vanished at home too. I have had little bits of plans over the hols but mostly kept it relaxed. It was lovely to wake up in the morning and have no errands to run, or things to tick off and just potter and relax and stay in my pjs if the mood struck me, which is did on a few occasions!
3. Resolution planning. As much as I love unstructured days and time off I can't last for too long without wanting to feel organised again and in my routines. I have spent a good amount of time over the holidays plotting and planning new resolutions, goals and plans for 2017 and this makes me so happy and positive.
4. Visiting old friends. I went off for a day down on the train to visit a friend I have not seen for very very many years over the xmas hols and it was fantastic! I honestly don't know why we left it so long. We had a lovely catch up and natter and it made me super happy.
5. My talented sister. I popped over to Newcastle to visit Jen in the holidays too. My Christmas pressie was a new blog makeover (stay tuned guys!) from my stupidly talented blog designer sister. We spent the day together glued to her massive fancy Mac thing and plotted my new blog layout. Jen really really knows her stuff and it is kind of fascinating watching her make my ideas come alive, frantically clicking and opening little screens. 
6. No 'guilt' eating. I do hate the whole 'guilt' thing about food and all the diet mayhem that follows Christmas but I have to admit one of the best things about the festive break is all the food right? Mark and I did a huge M&S shop for the holidays and treated ourselves to lots of yumminess, most of which we were still polishing off way into the new year. I love this kind of eating, picking at little things and all day grazing rather than planning big meals and cooking (lol). But I guess normality has to start at some point and I had better strap on that new Fitbit! 
Please do pop over to read the rest of the gang's lovely Wednesday lists too.... SallyHelenMichelleSarahKateCatSamEl Kerri's, Mimmi's,Martina's and Isabelle.

10 comments:

  1. Days with no plans have just got to be the best haven't they? Glad you made the most of them! H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi helen, thanks so much for you comment. :-) x

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!

    I enjoyed many days of pottering about, but it's nice to be back into the swing of life and have a little more routine to the day. Especially since I'm not working, the days can sort of run away with me if I don't keep some organisation going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh how lovely to have someone help with blog design, and it sounds like you had the right idea for Christmas with the yummy food and empty days! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. Yeah i'm super lucky to have a fab, talented blog design wiz of a sis. x

      Delete
  4. Not having plans and indulging in a slow morning or two is the best feeling. I don't go back to work till Monday so I've rather enjoyed my time off!

    How lucky that you have a talented designer for a sister, a great little Christmas present - I can't wait to see the final design! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eleanor. Yeah I'm super lucky to have my sis, my blog would have probably died a long time ago if i didn't have her making it pretty.x

      Delete
  5. I love those days after Christmas too, always such a good excuse for pottering about and eating all the leftovers. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful festive period Jo! S x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read each and every one, and they mean a lot to me. I do always try my best to reply.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...